Friday, July 4, 2008

Living the good life!

Playtime! Still just have 2 teeth.

Big boy swing.

Who me a big deal? Mom & Dad sure think so!

Not sure I like wearing hats.

I have finally mastered the fork and spoon!
It's been a couple of months since I have updated the blog but Max is doing wonderful. Right after he turned 13 months he was up and walking. Now he is like my little shadow when I turn around. It's pretty cute. He is also saying more words. We were getting worried but now he is Mister Chatter box. With much resistance, he finally got the fork and spoon down. Grandpa and Grandma Esparza came up a few weeks ago and we went to the beach and swam and also Max had his first boat ride on the ocean. He seemed to like it, except for having to wear a life jacket!
There are so many 'firsts' with him that we just enjoy getting to experience with him.
We just had our six month post adoption visit and it went really good. Now we continue these once a year until he is 18. The report goes back to Kazakhstan along with 20 current photos of Max. It's nice that they will get to see Max grow up happy and loved. I heard there is some slowing down of the adoption process, if there are any families out there reading this, waiting to go, hang in there! Waiting is the hardest thing during this process.
Part of me wants Max to stay a little baby, and part of me can't wait until he is old enough to go to all the wonderful theme parks in Florida. There is so much to do and see but we are also enjoying this stage. This is such a fun age. 14 months, wow! Our little boy is growing up.

5 comments:

Grandma Lorraine said...

What you see is what you get. Lil Max is such a happy baby. On our visit it didn't take him long to warm up to us. From then on it was smiles all the time. He never cried. Hardly ever fussed. Except for the life jacket. Ugh! I wouldn't want to wear that either! I think of him every day and long for the next time we visit.
Love and God bless

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

Wow, how he is growing so! He is so adorably cute! It sure is fun seeing all the firsts unfold before your eyes. We love to watch Berik grow each day. I love the swing picture as he just looks so happy. I haven't found anyone to send the snowsuit to yet but I will keep you posted. Thanks for updating. He looks like he is a pro with the fork! Keep us updated with lots of cute pics ! Gena ,Jaimie and Berik

Trudi said...

He's the cutest little boy going and it is so clear in the pictures how well he is adapting. Congrats!

Susan said...

He is really really cute. :)

Great to see an update. :)

WE are finally traveling..in just a week, well, 10 days. We're going to Kostanai...and are very excited.
Kinda cool because we are traveling with 2 other Commonwealth families and we all have kids we're brining..ALL BOYS!
My son is the oldest at 10, and then a 5 year old, and a 4 and 3 year old. I hope we have fun!!

lauracb said...

I never can remember how to log in! I just wanted to say "hi" and say that it's great to see pictures. Hopefully we'll see you in person someday soon. Lots of love from the Bartrams.