Monday, September 22, 2008

We have come so far

PJ time!
The next Kobe

Love to play outside.

Or maybe I will be a drummer?

Sand good in bucket....not so good to eat!

Max is 17 months today. Last week he finally got his top two teeth in. He has been repeating more and more words and using a couple on his own. He still loves to eat and is not picky about any kind of food. We just booked a trip back to California for 9 days over Christmas and we are so excited! My family and friends live over there and I can't wait for them all to meet Max. We are not thrilled about switching planes and having to drive 4 hours once we get to CA to make a long day of traveling, but if we could survive that horrible trip back from Kaz, we can survive this trip!!
This Friday Max and I are going to try out story time at the library. The story is about apples so we both are supposed to wear red. I think this will be a fun thing for Max to start participating in. I also booked us for one on Halloween. Max will need to dress up and they have crafts and a small parade.
Max has been enjoying the pool all summer. Maybe even longer as it still is pretty hot over here in Florida. He is starting to kick his legs and move his arms a bit more.
Max is still just an amazing, happy, fun loving boy. He is so content. He loves giving hugs and kisses and I sure hope that never ends! When we pick him up now he lays his head on our shoulders, when we first brought him home from Kaz he would be all stiff. He also comes over and lays his head in your lap. So much has changed. Max also used to not like books to be read to him. He would push the book away or close it and would not sit still, now he jumps up in your lap and loves bringing books over to be read. I went back and re-read the whole blog and it brought tears to my eyes. We have come so far as a family!

3 comments:

Kaz Blog Reader said...

Yeah!!! A great post with awesome pics of the cutest Floridian alive!! He is getting so big now and looks so happy. His smile is fantastic! I am glad to hear all is well and your trip sounds exciting! Safe travels. I still haven't ever found anyone that needs the snowsuit as all my friends went to Kaz in Spring or Summer. Berik is getting huge, not fat , just big , but his mother is appearantly a blog slacker. Thanks for sharing about Max. Gena,Jaimie and Berik

Trudi said...

Your son is just one gorgeous young man. I love the "normal pictures" - he has obviously settled right in. It makes my heart sing to see him thrive.

Kristan and Mark said...

he's so precious!

so thrilled to hear how far he has come, especially with his attachment! To see our children learn to love and accept love is something that words really can't even begin to describe!