Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Day 7 - Chicken Pox, oh no!

Hello again. Today we took Baby A to get his passport photo. He was all bundled up and could barely move. His little eyes peeked out from his snowsuit. We noticed a few bumps on the side of his face and the doctors confirmed he has chicken pox! We figured it was bound to happen as most of the babies in the baby home have it. I suppose it's better to get it here then on the plane ride back. The bad news is we can't see him for a few days, what a bummer! I think that is the first time I almost broke down. We hope he feels better soon as he was getting fussy and didn't feel OK when we left him today. What they normally do is paint this green dye (violet mercurium) on all the spots on their bodies. This is supposed to dry out the sores. Next time we see him it might be a little shock. Maybe we will take photos to blackmail him in the future.....just kidding!
Tomorrow we may go on a tour of the city since we can't go to the baby home. Still no Internet though so we might not post for a few days. Yesterday we stopped at the mall by our apartment and got pizza! Amazing! A little taste of home. I can see us revisiting many times in the future. I should mention that we also had french fries on Sunday. Aaron and Stephanie brought over some takeout noodles and stir fry and french fries. Yummo! The portions over here are pretty small and we learned the hard way that they charge you for water when you go out to eat. We learned to order a liter of soda to refill your small glass instead of paying for each glass. Tim loves his refills, so that works out better. It's hit or miss when ordering diet soda (coca-cola light) but we did stock up at the local market. We also got these 'Wetzel dogs' at the bakery. (a pretzel wrapped around a hot dog) Those are pretty good. They also have Mac n' cheese and popcorn, I suppose we won't starve after all. I will mention the food as we go along so you can get an idea what things are like over here.
Thank you for all your prayers and posts, we appreciate it so much!
Talk to you soon.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey guys we are so excited for you! We can't wait to meet our new little cousin. Lety Jimmy and the boys.

Lacy said...

Hey Jen and Tim! I asked Shalona about you and she sent me the link to your blog. I am so excited for you guys! I look forward to seeing lots of pictures when you get back! Enjoy the rest of your time there and try to keep warm! :)

-Lacy

Missy B said...

I can hardly believe that you have your baby boy already! I almost forgot about the blog. I've read up on all of it and I am THRILLED about all the good news. Well, except for the chicken pox part, but he will get over that well enough. I can't wait to see a picture of him. I am a mush for curly blond hair and big brown eyes. I had a little Drew boy in my mom's daycare that looked just so and he had my heart, so I can't wait to see the little tike. I will be on pins and needles until you post again. Love you guys alot and I am praying for all 3 of you. -Missybishi

bobandtam said...

Tim and Jen

When Missy told me that you had a baby boy I felt tingly inside! We are so happy for your blessing!! Can't wait to see pictures of your new little family. We know this child is special. Enjoy each precious moment along your journey back home. Give him a kiss for us!!

Love and Prayers
Bob & Tammy aka (PaPa & Grammy!)

Marty & Carol said...

Tim & Jen
I just got off the phone with Missy. We are so excited for you!!!!!!!!!! A beautiful baby boy. How great!!!! April birthday. Your Mom and Tims Dad and my EX all on the same Day. WOW

Prayers across the ocean for you
Love Marty & Carol

Diana said...

Heck Chicken Pox was a right of passage when I was a kid. But, it's too bad you can't comfort him.

Congrats on your little man!!

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Hi- Just found your blog. We just got home from Astana 3 weeks ago with our daughter. Congratulations on your son! I think they were in the same room (there was an adorable little Russian boy born in April in her group), so I can't wait for you to post the pictures to see if your little guy is the one I think he is!
Congratulations again!
Sara
tennenjourneytokaz.blogspot.com

Marty & Carol said...

Tim & Jen check your email
Love Dad & Carol